8th annual Community Cup Hockey Benefit Tournament
November 23-25, 2018
Championship team – Glacier Ice Rink ChapeRONs
- Mixed divisions following Ty Robinson’s rules (see below)
- Teams are guaranteed four games
- Championship game for the top two teams with prizes to the winners
- Games will be 3-16 minute run time periods, with 3-minute warm up.
- This is a no check, no slap shot tournament, and USA Adult Hockey rules apply.
- Games start Friday evening and conclude by Sunday afternoon. Every effort will be made to accommodate out of town travel when arranging the schedule.
Proceeds benefit the Foundation for Community Health and Glacier Ice Rink’s Zamboni Retirement Campaign
Ty Robinson’s Rules
Teams must be comprised of:
- Up to two Cup/Advanced-level players
- Two Intermediate-level players
- Two Novice-level players
- Two women
- Two players over 50 years’ old
- One medical/dental personnel (must be in health industry)
- Additional players can be a mix of other levels as long as they aren’t Cup/Advanced
- Novice or intermediate-level goalie
1. A player can only fulfill one requirement – e.g., if the player is a Cup player and a doctor, he must be the Cup player and the team still needs one medical/dental personnel. Cup/Advanced players fulfill that role first – a female Advanced player fulfills the Advanced role, not the woman requirement.
2. Each Cup player is only allowed to score once per game.
3. If a team is ahead by 3 points, the goalie must play without his/her stick
4. The blue puck can be called for by a team once a game. When the blue puck is in play, it is worth 2 points. Each team is allowed to call for the blue puck during a game stop. The puck stays in play for 3 minutes or until a score is made.
5. Penalties follow standard rules.
6. No slap shots
$600 (US dollars). $200 deposit due with registration form.
Return a completed registration form and deposit by November 19 to: Glacier Ice Rink, Attn: Community Cup Benefit, PO Box 87, Missoula MT 59806.
Contact Laura Henning at 728-0316 x 1 with questions or if you’re an individual wishing to be placed on a team.
2017: Glacier Ice Rink ChapeRONes
2016: Turkeys on Ice
2015: Press Box Beavers